Azure Data and Integration Architect – Technical Consultant
We are looking for an experienced Azure Data and Integration Architect to join our growing Data and Insight team. You will be responsible for building, expanding and optimising our Azure data solutions and data platform architecture, as well data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. As an experienced Azure and data architect/ engineer, you will enjoy designing and building data platforms and will have a passion for achieving business transformation. You will support our Data consultants, data engineers and data analysts on data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will be comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
One of the UK’s most innovative and well-established Microsoft Dynamics 365 consultancies, Xpedition offers a broad portfolio of Design, Configuration, Training, Project Management and Integration Services for clients deploying Dynamics 365 based cloud solutions.
At Xpedition, we guide our client’s path to growth, through the implementation of intelligent cloud-based business applications. We help our clients to understand how technology can empower their business in real terms. We deliver real business value through expert consultancy. We are known for our questioning nature and for challenging the status quo. Our experts are passionate about sharing their knowledge, revitalising client experiences and improving operational efficiency.
As part of growing Data and Insights practice, we will be delivering interesting, challenging and diverse modern business intelligence projects for our clients using the Microsoft Azure data platform tool sets, Customer data platform including Azure Machine learning, cognitive services and utilising the full suite of applications and functionality within the Power Platform.
- The position of Technical Consultant is a key role in the delivery of a solution to our customers. Working as part of the Data and Insights team, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct customer workshops, to analyse and document their requirements
- Provide technical expertise and development support to project managers and stakeholders
- Design, configure and customise the Azure and Customer Data Platforms to a high standard
- Implement and integrate the Power Platform features including Power Apps, Power BI, PCF (Power Apps Component framework), and Power Automate
- Design and implement Azure data components including Sentinel, Azure Synapse, SQL Pools, Azure SQL Database, Apache Spark, Azure Data lake, Data Bricks, Logic Apps and Function Apps
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Certified or close to completing Azure certification for the below pathways
- Microsoft Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Experience or certified with TOGAF & Data management framework Principles.
- Experience of integrating Dynamics 365 into the Data Platform.
- Advanced SQL working knowledge and experience of working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience of building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience of performing root cause analysis on internal and external data quality issues and processes.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Ability to build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Mentoring junior members of staff – to deliver high-quality content.
- The ability to assimilate clients’ business pain points, understand the business drivers and strategy, and turn these into a compelling solution.
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload and time according to agreed deadlines.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- The candidate would ideally have easy access to our London offices
- You must be comfortable with the consulting lifestyle and be willing to travel, with the occasional night away from home
- Candidate will hold a United Kingdom driving licence
- Life insurance – 3 x basic salary.
- Private healthcare
- Access to EAP programme