This role actively drives forward the Xpedition business by executing a marketing strategy for assigned propositions. The objective being to create awareness and develop interest within your defined sectors which results in “Sales Ready” opportunities via a content, nurture and data-driven marketing strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of the target industries through own research,
event attendance, client workshops, engagement with social media channels and
- For your target industries, clearly identify the business challenges, needs, pain
points and requirements by function with a view to developing impactful content
and an effective ABM engagement strategy.
- Document the above, take responsibility for, and continually refine as an
Emotional Messaging Framework focussed on target audience needs, challenges,
opportunities and trends.
- Translate sales objectives by sector into marketing activity plans.
- Create and manage end-to-end marketing campaigns from conception to
completion, with a clear drive towards delivering high quality, sales ready
opportunities in your target sectors.
- Deliver multichannel campaigns that amplify the message to your target
audience, and find new external channels to reach that audience beyond our own
- Develop digital and offline content for the audience that supports “What”, “How”
and “Why” buyers in their discovery process. Work with domain experts across
the Xpedition team in the development of that content. Content types will likely
include Thought Papers & Articles, Emails Templates, In-person Seminars/Events,
Webinars, Videos, Case Studies, Win Stories, Web Copy & Tools, Blogs and
- Identify cost-effective external resources for use in marketing execution. In doing
so work with the Marketing Director to manage an assigned marketing budget
for the proposition
- Build & execute an audience engagement model that leverages content, online
and offline activities to drive Awareness and Interest across identified suspects,
Leads and prospects with an aim of generating “Sales Ready” opportunities.
- Orchestrate a weekly meeting with aligned Field Salesperson to ensure goals and
plans remain on track. Review feedback on passed across “Sales Ready”
opportunities and adjust activities and engagement model appropriately.
- Build a strong working relationship with aligned Field Salesperson, working
together to plan successful campaigns that deliver tangible business results,
whilst managing their expectations
- Work with other members of the marketing team to optimise the impact of
content and maximise return on investment.
- Internally promote and report on sector-specific marketing plans and
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with external agencies and
suppliers to support the delivery of objectives
- Delegate for the Marketing Director in their absence
- Quality of content commissioned and campaign activities executed as measured by resulting response rate and “Sales Qualified” i.e. MQL conversion rate
- Number of audience specific contacts as a result of nurture activities that move
forward to “Sales Qualify” i.e. MQL opportunity stage
- Supporting the sales representative in progressing prospects through the “Sales Pipeline” stage and ultimately close
- Marketing or Business Degree and/or CIM/IDM or equivalent qualification
- The ideal candidate will possess at least 6 years marketing experience
encompassing the full range of marketing activities and tactics, with proven
experience of full campaign management.
- Experience in B2B marketing is essential, previous experience in marketing
Business Applications solutions & consultancy in both the mid and enterprise
markets is also desirable.
- As a minimum, candidates must show experience of learning and understandingof the assigned propositions.
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of:
o The principles of Marketing
o Cost-effectiveness, including cost per lead, cost per sale and conversion
o Market segmentation
o Content & Nurture Marketing
o Data Management
- Customer journey mapping
- Previous knowledge and experience on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- The full suite of marketing tools including PR, advertising, direct mail, social,
telemarketing, events, exhibitions and digital
- IT skills
o Must be adept in use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and
o A working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS.
o Experience of Sales & Marketing automation tools
Personality & Behaviours
- Experience of commissioning and producing compelling content. Able to
manage and develop digital resources to find the best ways to reach prospective
- Proven ability to immerse yourself in your target markets, gain a strong
understanding of sector challenges, and identify relevant channels and
- A proactive self-starter with strong attention to detail and proven excellent verbal
and written communication.
- Digitally minded with excellent organisation skills
- A forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Comfortable in dealing with senior management and sales staff